Dana Lent may have fallen into her career at NASCAR, but she wouldn’t change it for the world. The California native currently serves as the director of marketing platforms at NASCAR overseeing a department that conceptualizes, develops, manages and executes assets for the official partners of NASCAR. Working with a creative, hardworking and determined team inspires and challenges her every day.
Before joining the NASCAR team she managed sponsorship programs at Toyota/Saatchi including helping to launch Toyota into the Truck Series. Prior to that, she worked at GMR managing Visa’s NASCAR sponsorship.
The University of Arizona grad values family more than anything and cherishes the time she gets to spend with mom and dad in California and sister in London. While she has always been a dog person, she really fell in love when she met Harley, her 8-year-old Shih Tzu.
Q&A with Dana:
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? As silly as this sounds, I am most proud (to date) that I survived eight years in New York City. I am proud of the woman I am and what I learned from living and working in NYC (but I knew it was time for something else).
- What is the best part of working for NASCAR? The imaginative and creative culture at NASCAR makes me enjoy coming to work every day.
- Why did you choose your career path? I really fell into this career with NASCAR. Before I started working in the industry, I was managing sponsorship programs for Lexus and Toyota and loved what I was doing (what 24-year-old wouldn’t?). I was asked by Toyota to be a part of a team to help them launch into the Truck Series. I had no idea what NASCAR was, and to be honest had no interest, but they took me to a truck race in Fontana and Las Vegas and I was committed. As a young marketer, I saw a ton of great opportunities in the sport that I wanted to be a part of. From the moment I started working in the sport, I loved it.
- What is the best part of working with JHE? The people! The JHE team consists of some of the most devoted individuals in the sport. They put so much into making their client’s vision come to life. We love challenging and pushing the JHE team to the limits and watching them create something spectacular!
- What is your best tip for success? A positive attitude or outlook. It’s harder than it seems but if you keep it positive, things tend to work themselves out.
Five Things You Might Not Know About Dana…
- My family is… everything to me! Not living near them makes the time that I have with them even more special and meaningful.
- My favorite sport is… college basketball, especially Pac-12 and the University of Arizona.
- My favorite vacation yet was to… Tahoe, Calif. There is something that is so peaceful yet adventurous, simple yet outrageous and all around comfortable about Tahoe. I love to visit any time of the year whether I’m skiing down the slopes or sitting on the Pier of Chambers Landing. Since I’ve made the move east I haven’t been back to Tahoe but I am going back for the first time in nine years this summer with my family. Should be a special couple of days.
- My favorite quote is… “Danceas though no one is watching you, love as though you have never been hurt before, sing as though no one can hear you, live as though heaven is on earth.”
- The best concert I’ve ever seen is… my first concert in 8th grade, AC/DC Money Talks Tour – amazing!
Keep up with Dana on Twitter at @drlent07