When JHE puts its mind to something, the team makes it happen. And the JHE “Get Fit Challenge” was no different.
The eight-week challenge started August 4 and incorporated both an individual and team aspect. Created to encourage employees to work together to create healthy habits, the 45 participants lost a combined 205 pounds.
“It was great to see how many people were really into the challenge and stuck with it,” said Dan Mott. “We expected maybe 15-20 people to sign up. We more than doubled that and the results were fantastic.”
The individual challenge winner was Jordan Black who lost 24 pounds overall. Though Team Dan led most of the competition, Team Paul took home the win for the group challenge. Paul Nolasco’s team, including Jordan Black, Lauren Livesay, Cody Kauffman, Alex Fennig, Brandon Stegall, Jim Ablard and Jeff Gajewski, earned a total of 1,068 points.
Each group earned points for:
- Two points daily: no fast food or fried food; at least seven hours of sleep
- Three points daily: two servings of vegetables; two servings of fruit; no sugar, including soda; drinking at least 64 ounces of water
- Four points daily: 30 minutes of working out
- Five points daily: 60 minutes of working out
- Points at the end of the challenge: four points for each pound lost on the team
Even though it was a competition, the six teams encouraged each other both in the office and on the road to eat healthier and work out together.
“At the end of the day, it was about creating healthy habits that hopefully led to some weight loss,” said Mott. “But most importantly, the challenge was about simply living a healthier lifestyle especially when that can be such a challenge with how much we are on the road.”
Congrats to each of the participants on working toward a healthier lifestyle!