June 03, 2013
For the past six years, Ryan Martin has been honing his skills and making a name for himself within JHE. The operations manager who is “living the dream” at the event experience company is integral in the execution of a variety of events, including, most recently the NASCAR Sprint All-Star race driver introductions. The Florida native has learned to be adaptable and plan for the unexpected in a line of work where anything is possible.
Q&A with Ryan Martin:
- Role at JHE: Livin’ the dream
- Runner-up career: Retired billionaire
- The best career advice you ever received: Always exceed expectation’s
- The most important lesson you’ve learned at JHE: Plan for the unexpected. In this line of work, anything is possible.
- Accomplishment at JHE you are most proud of: Best confetti shot for three years running.
- The biggest challenge for the Sprint All-Star race: The speed at which everything has to be set and struck. It’s a lot of pieces to move and set in a limited amount of time. Everyone has to work in sync to get it done correctly.
- Biggest myth about your job: That it’s easy.
- Insider secret to your job: Adaptability
- Best part of working at JHE: The people.
Six Things You Might Not Know About Ryan Martin:
- The one person I’ve always wanted to meet is… myself 20 years from now.
- My family is… my mom and dad, two brothers, fiancée, Haley, and dog, Sheamus.
- I spend my weekends… usually at the rack track or on the lake with friends.
- My favorite sport is… Carolina Panthers football.
- The product that should be invented is… a silent race car.
- My favorite quote is… “You can’t fix stupid.”
Ryan Martin, NASCAR, NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race, Carolina Panthers