John “Lunchbox” Autrey has been a part of the JHE family since 2006. Over the past seven and a half years at JHE, Lunchbox has worked on the SPEED Tour and FOX Sports 1 stage. Today, he works with one-off events including everything from hospitality to concerts.
The logistics coordinator drives to an event, unloads, helps set up the event and then comes back for tear down or, in some cases, drives straight to the next event. Driving for JHE isn’t easy but it certainly provides a tremendous amount of pride for Lunchbox and his coworkers who have to execute what many would consider impossible daily.
Prior to joining JHE, the Alabama-native worked as an on-site supervisor in Gadsden, Ala.
Q&A with Lunchbox:
- What is the best career advice you ever received? “It’s not going to just come find you; you have to go get it if you want it.”
- What accomplishment at JHE are you most proud of? Being able to contribute my skills to so many different events. I’m proud to have the opportunity to learn many different job traits while working at JHE.
- What is your best memory at JHE so far? Some of the best times are being able to spend time with everyone at JHE. For instance, I have several fond memories of the JHE Christmas party!
- What made you want to become a part of the JHE family? The answer is in the question; it is one big FAMILY!
- What is the biggest myth about your job? “Dude, you get to see every race.”
- What is the insider secret to your job? It takes a strong minded person to do what we do. It’s not for everyone that’s for sure.
- What makes you good at your job? I have a GREAT supporting cast!
- What is the best part of working at JHE? The people I work with. But I also like standing back and seeing a finished product that I was a part of creating.
- Where did your nickname, Lunchbox, come from? When I first started at JHE in April 2006, I was told everyone on the SPEED tour got a nickname. It didn’t take me long to get mine, because I could always tell you what time breakfast or lunch was scheduled!
Ten Things You Might Not Know About Lunchbox:
- I’m inspired by… my mom! Such a strong and dedicated woman.
- My runner-up career was… a rock star baby!
- The one person I’ve always wanted to meet is… Paul McCartney because Elvis is dead. Well, “He’s not dead, he just went home.”
- My family is… my backbone for life. Love my girls.
- I spend my weekends… mostly at the race track.
- My favorite sport is… Bama football! You know why … Roll Tide!
- I don’t leave home without… my phone. Facebook would fall apart without my status updates.
- My favorite vacation yet was… any beach or Pigeon Forge vacation. I love watching my three girls (the lunch pails) having a good time.
- My favorite movie is… Smokey and the Bandit.
- Anything else interesting people should know about you? I like long walks on the beach and I love a good ol’ campfire with good friends and good music.
Keep up with Lunchbox on Twitter at @lnchbxrolling.