CSM Production joined CSM LeadDog and CSM Branding in a takeover of New York City’s Brookfield Place for the USTA US Open Experience August 22-23. This is the second year that USTA is bringing the excitement of the US Open to lower Manhattan. Fans were immersed in tennis action along the bank of the Hudson River at this free two-day event. Activities included food tastings, photo opportunities, live music, tennis displays, and player appearances.
Thursday featured the marquee event with the live US Open Draw Ceremony. This event determined the matchups for the two-week long tournament. The ceremony was live streamed on the US Open’s website and social media accounts. 2017 US Open singles champions Sloane Stephens and Rafael Nadalmade an appearance at the Live US Open Draw ceremony.
Here are a few of the features the CSM Production team brought to life at the US Open experience:
- Cabanas for partner activation areas
- (2) 26’ tall x 26’ wide x 5’ deep entrance arches
- 16’ x 24’ main stage with a freestanding 16’x 24’ x 19’ truss structure to support lighting, sound and a 9’ x 16’ LED wall
- An additional 20’ tall x 19’ wide truss arch supporting two additional 9’ x 16’ LED walls next to a full-size tennis court
- A video system designed for any of the screens to broadcast independent content as needed by the client
- A sound system for the on-court activations
- A 9’ x 16’ LED mobile trailer to watch the exciting action from the US Open
Being in downtown Manhattan, space is at a premium, and the team had to face some unique load in/out circumstances. The venue had very little on-site storage, so the stage height was adjusted to create storage based on road case heights. Also creating a unique challenge, during load in/out the plaza was open to the public. Each area of the build had to be barricaded and all machinery had to be escorted throughout the plaza to ensure public safety.
The CSM Production team was proud to add this event to the portfolio of events working with all of the CSM North America agencies.