This Valentine’s Day, almost everyone at JHE is preparing to travel or already arrived in Daytona Beach, Fla. The next two weeks will be some of the busiest for the event experience company but they wouldn’t have it any other way. JHE continues to work with some of the biggest names during Daytona Speed Weeks including Daytona International Speedway, NASCAR, Freightliner, Ford, FOX Sports 1 and Sprint.
From the racetrack to the city’s hidden gems, here are the top-10 things the JHE team loves about the “World Center of Racing:”
1. “The nostalgia of the city. From Porsches at the Rolex 24 to stock cars at the Daytona 500, it is the biggest, most notable racing facility worldwide.” – Jordan Black
2. “Sitting on the beach with a book in my hand and my car only 20 yards away. I also never leave without a fish sandwich from The Deck Down Under and “Wally Wings” from Houligan’s.” – Mary Morris
3. “The 5.5 miles (11 miles roundtrip) run from the hotel to the beach.” – Dan Mott
4. “Returning to the city I called home for five years and reliving the good times.” – Lauren Livesay
5. “The Hampton Inn at Ormond Beach, our home away from home in the city. Most of us spend four or five weeks a year there and they always make us feel welcome. The general manager and most of the staff know everyone by name. They are always accommodating and even let us turn the lounge into our own personal JHE family room.“ – Cody Kauffman
6. “The weather. This time of year it is always cold and rainy in Charlotte but when we arrive in Daytona it’s nothing but sun. Oh, and Maui Nix; surf clothes outside Florida are just not the same.” – Paul Nolasco
7. “Eating at The Deck Down Under!” – Jacqueline Gafrarar
8. “The staff at Daytona International Speedway is always great to work with. It’s a wonderful opportunity for JHE to start the season off with a bang.” – Ryan Baxter
9. “I always look forward to eating at the sushi place next to our hotel. The name always escapes me but they definitely have the best eel roll around.” – Jacob Meadows
10. “I always enjoy bike week. It’s fun to walk beach street to see the colorful bikes and people.” – Michael Verlatti
For backstage access to Daytona Speedweeks, join JHE on Instagram using hashtag #JHESpeedWeeks.