Kathryn Meyer has the joy of being a part of some of her client’s happiest memories at Party Reflections.
Serving as senior account executive, the Georgia native has been helping the JHE special events department with completing its clients’ vision since joining the event rental company 13 years ago. In her current role, every day is different – some days are office days working on the computer while others are on-site for client inspections or events. “But every day is a sales day!” she says.
After graduating from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor of Science in speech communications, Meyer moved to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for a summer to work on a guest ranch. She ended up staying three years. During the summers, she worked at Lost Creek Ranch handling special events for companies including Time Magazine and National Geographic. When the weather turned cold, she worked for Ski School Sales and took two-hour lunch breaks to test out the slopes.
Q&A with Kathryn:
- What is the best career advice you ever received? When you meet someone, give them a firm handshake, look them in the eye and repeat their name.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being named in 2013 by Special Events Magazine as one of the “Top-25 Young Event Pros” to watch.
- What is the best part of your job? 98 percent of all events we help produce are for happy occasions and we get to help people make lasting memories.
- What is the best part of working with JHE? The people. Not only are they great clients, they have become great friends!
- What has most impressed you about JHE? How close everyone is with each other at JHE; it is truly a family environment.
Six things you may not know about Kathryn:
- My biggest pet peeve is … unnecessary noises like clicking a pen top during a meeting.
- My favorite sport is … SEC football and more specifically UGA football. Nothing beats a fall day between the hedges in Sanford Stadium watching the Dawgs!
- My favorite vacation yet was a … trip to Tuscany and the Amalfi Coast last summer. Who doesn’t love Italy, wine, gelato, being with great friends and being without a cell phone for 10 days?
- My favorite quote is … “You’ve got to stand for something, or you’ll fall for anything.” -Aaron Tippen
- The best concert I’ve ever seen is … Widespread Panic with my brother inside a cave at Cumberland Caverns, Tennessee. Amazing acoustics. And who wouldn’t love seeing a concert in a cave with an extremely large crystal chandelier hanging above you alongside great friends.
- Anything else interesting people should know about you? I completed the Xtreme Hike Challenge for Cystic Fibrosis this fall hiking 30.1 (which ended up being more like 34) miles in one day. I started in the dark and finished in the dark.
Keep up with Kathryn and Party Reflections on Twitter at @partyreflection #kathrynmeyer.