Chalmers Niemeyer loves cars, food and living in the South. Serving as area marketing manager at Porsche Cars North America, Inc., Niemeyer has worked with the luxury car company for more than 11 years. In his current role, he coordinates all retail and dealer marketing efforts for the brand in the southeastern region of the United States.
Prior to his current position, the Georgia-native worked as a Porsche technician. He holds a bachelor of business administration in marketing and masters of business administration in marketing from Georgia State University. Niemeyer also currently serves as a board member for the Porsche Care Network.
Q&A with Chalmers
- What is the best lesson from college that still applies to your job? Understanding your client’s needs and delivering a product or service that meets those needs is key in a lasting business relationship.
- What is the best career advice you ever received? Follow your passion. You won’t regret it.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? The friends and business contacts I’ve amassed through my career are most important to me. They’re much bigger than any one accomplishment.
- What is the biggest myth about your job? It’s all parties and traveling.
- What is the insider secret to your job? Stay focused and don’t get stressed. Stress just clouds your judgment.
- What is the best part of working at Porsche? The people first. But the Porsches are a very close second.
- Why did you choose your career path? I followed the advice in the second bullet point (above).
- What has been your best mistake? Becoming a mechanic in college.
- What is the best part of working with JHE? The people are great – and they really understand bullet point number one (above).
- What has most impressed you about JHE? If they make a commitment, they exceed it.
- What is your best tip for success? Stay organized, stay focused on your personal mission statement and make it fun.
- What is your personal definition of success? Being all you can be and striving to always do the right thing for the right reasons.
Some Things You Might Not Know About Chalmers
- I spend my weekends… mostly working (because I love what I do).
- The one person I’ve always wanted to meet is… Bill Murray.
- I’m inspired by… other people’s passion.
- I start my day by… walking out in my backyard with a cup of coffee.
- My family is… a pack of wild animals, in a good way.
- My favorite sport is… relaxing in a hammock on a mountain lake. I’m really good at it.
- My favorite vacation so far was to… Iceland. The natural beauty and adventure of driving the circumference of the island was spectacular fun. And I do love an adventure.
- The product that should be invented is… teleportation.
- My favorite quote is… “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” – Samuel Clemens
- My runner-up career was… a teacher. I enjoy sharing what others were kind enough to teach me.
- I don’t leave home without… my cellphone (unfortunately).
- My biggest pet peeve is… my own bad habits are frustrating enough. I need not worry about anyone else’s bad habits.
- On my iPod playlist right now you will find… just about everything but most recently I’d say Amy Winehouse sticks out.
- I relieve stress by… taking a walk or riding a bicycle around the city – sometimes for a delicious beer or cocktail.
- The best concert I’ve ever seen is… that’s a tough one... but the best recent show I’ve seen is Daikaiju. A small instrumental rock band that plays in small venues but if you have the chance to see them, do it!
- Anything else interesting people should know about you? I love to have fun. Whatever that is. And wherever I am or whatever I’m doing, chances are I’m just loving it and having fun.