With two years under his belt as video producer and editor for the Carolina Panthers, East Carolina University graduate Max Brooke creates exclusive content for the game-day experience.
A native of China Grove, North Carolina, Max previously worked for UCC: Youth Ministries and Raycom Sports/ACC Network.
The soon-to-be married gentleman started working in video production with his brother, Richard, by creating a project for the United Church of Christ called TwinMaps. “We didn’t make any money for a year, but it was an amazing experience working with non-profit groups,” said Max.
Q&A with Max
- What is the best career advice you ever received? You can’t be anyone else but yourself when you’re finding your own style for directing, shooting or editing.
- What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? My brother and I started working in video production by creating our own project with the United Church of Christ called TwinMaps. We didn’t make any money for a year, but it was an amazing experience working with non-profit groups.
- What is the best part of your job? The best part of working with the Carolina Panthers are the amazing people I get to work with. They are very professional and some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
- Why did you choose your career path? I love every part of video production. Seeing a project through from start to finish is fulfilling.
- What has most impressed you about JHE? The guys I worked with on our open video were very prepared and professional. They are always willing to go the extra mile to make the product better.
- What is your best tip for success? There is no substitute for hard work.
Things people may not know about Max
- I’m inspired by … my future wife.
- My runner-up career was … being a professional basketball player. I didn’t come close but that was the only other option when I was growing up!
- I start my day by … a good workout and breakfast!
- My ultimate stress reliever is … working out.
- My family is … amazing. I am getting married in May and I’m very excited about starting my own family soon.
- My favorite sport is … basketball. It’s a beautiful team sport that requires 5 guys that be on the same page at all times. The chemistry can be amazing to watch when it’s perfected.
- Compelling TV binge … Game of Thrones.
- If I could trade bodies with one person for 24 hours, I’d pick … Lebron James. That guy is the ultimate athlete.
Keep track of Max by following him on Twitter at @maxwellsbrooke.