A culture built on hard work and an unrelenting commitment to excellence, JHE prides itself on over-delivering on each client’s vision.
The team, which is more like a family, bands together through the good times and the bad, and lives by Appalachian State University’s former football coach Jerry Moore’s famous quote, “Always do more than is expected.” Thus, when JHE was preparing to celebrate its 25th anniversary, the employees chose to commemorate the monumental occasion by giving back to those in need.
The award-winning event experience company created a “25 Days of Service” program to celebrate its silver anniversary and committed to donating time and resources to 25 nonprofit organizations or events throughout 2012. The charitable program touched a multitude of communities where JHE has done business for years and honored the employees who are the backbone of the business.
Throughout the year, 59 volunteers donated 585 hours to the employee-selected causes, which included:
1. Landscaped local streets as part of “South End Clean Up Day”
2. Painted barns at the Wings of Eagle Ranch
3. Held an American Red Cross blood drive at JHE headquarters
4. Hosted a dinner and night of entertainment at the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte
5. Collected pet supplies for the Ryan Newman Foundation
6. Participated in the “World’s Largest Truck Convoy” which raised more than $18,000 for the Special Olympics
7. Contributed audio production for the Freedom Schools Jubilee
8. Donated a 32 foot trailer full of canned foods to the Food Lion Speed Street canned food drive
9. Assisted in the construction of a Habitat for Humanity home
10. Signed up runners at a drive-thru registration for Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure
11. Raised funds and raced in the local Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure
12. Provided event production supplies for the Collinswood Language Academy International Parade in Charlotte, N.C.
13. Collected school supplies for students in Cabarrus County schools
14. Executed the annual Golfing for Good tournament, raising $33,000 for an employee’s family in need
15. Assisted in event organization for the West Coast Stock Car Hall of Fame
16. Collected canned foods to benefit the Ada Jenkins Center in Davidson, N.C.
17. Provided event materials to the Youth Commission’s International Clay Shoot
18. Contributed a stage and generator to the Kilah Davenport Fundraiser
19. Planned a field trip for the Cabarrus County Boys and Girls Club
20. Planted 50 trees in Stallings Road Park as part of the Boy Scout Eagle Project
21. Donated one of JHE’s hospitality trailers to Charlotte UltraSwim
22. Volunteered and participated in the triathlon race for the Morrison Family and Ballantyne Village YMCA’s Community Support Campaign
23. Collected clothes and household goods for the American Children’s Home
24. Supplied event production services to the Tom Murphy Memorial Golf Tournament
25. Adopted two children from the Salvation Army Angel Tree at the holidays