June 03, 2013
Executive director of events Doug Cremer has been with the Charlotte Motor Speedway for the past 11 years. A motorsports management major from Rowan Cabarrus Community College, the Massapequa-native started as an intern and worked his way up through the years. He has served as an intern in the sales and marketing department, assistant manager of customer service and logistics and director of guest services and logistics. Knowledge of a little bit of everything at the track has continued to make him successful. He is currently responsible for oversight of event management logistics and the fan experience, including track services, safety, guest services and logistics.
Q&A with Doug:
- Describe your job: We make the event happen! From planning to execution, we touch almost all aspects of events at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Describe how you got to your current position: Started as an intern and worked my way up through the years.
- The best career advice you ever received: Never give up and use experience as fuel to make you a better person!
- Biggest myth about your job: People think we get to meet all the stars but we don’t. We just make it happen!
- What has most impressed you about JHE: The team’s attention to detail.
Five Things You Might Not Know About Doug
- I spend my weekends… spending time with my family
- My favorite sports are… NASCAR and NFL
- The best vacation yet is… a cruise
- My favorite quote is… “I love the man who can smile in trouble, gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection.” -Thomas Paine
- My runner-up career would be… a police officer
Follow Doug on Twitter at @Dcremer
Doug Cremer, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Rowan Cabarrus Community Colelge, NASCAR