June 03, 2013
JHE has had the honor of producing and promoting Food Lion Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola since 1996. The three-day festival delivers an unprecedented consumer event offering live entertainment, access to racing’s brightest stars and interactive displays from sponsors including Food Lion, Coca-Cola, Chevrolet and many more.
Take a look at the 19-year-old event by the numbers:
- The event debuted in 1995.
- In 18 years of the event, approximately 7.2 million people have attended.
- Approximately 4,800 feet of fence and 1,400 feet of fence signage are used at Food Lion Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola.
- Since its inception, over 345 drivers have made appearances at the event which is a precursor to the Coca-Cola 600 held at Charlotte Motor Speedway and a part of the “10 days of racing in May.”
- More than 119 multi-talented, award-winning musicians have performed at the festival since its inception.
- Approximately 80 percent of attendees are country music fans.
- Coca-Cola, the event’s first-ever presenting sponsor this year, has had pouring rights for 19 years and served as a stage sponsor for 16.
- In 2012, the event generated 18 tons of materials that were recycled with the help of the nonprofit organization, Hands On Charlotte.
- Five miles of cable are used at Food Lion Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola.
Food Lion Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola, Food Lion Speed Street, Speed Street, Food Lion, Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, racing, NASCAR, Hands on Charlotte, Coca-Cola 600, Charlotte Motor Speedway, 10 days of racing