January 18, 2017
Over the course of 365 days, the special events and corporate events team produced hundreds of events. Some required a full-scale production effort while others needed a special audio, video or lighting touch from the team.
Despite the quantity of events in 2016, several left a special impression on the staff. In chronological order, here is our “Best of 2016” list for special events and corporate events.
- JHE Nashville was strumming a happy tune after the GEODIS Freight Forwarding Manager’s Meeting held in the Music City Center. From January 25 to 29, more than 200 top global leaders gathered for a combination of breakout sessions, a CEO address, keynote speakers discussing leadership and cultural awareness as well as vertical market breakouts.
- The fourth annual Pinehurst Concours d’Eleganceplayed host to approximately 12,000 guests and 300 collector cars on Saturday, April 30 including three of the event’s prior Best in Show winners - a 1919 Pierce-Arrow Model 66 A-4 Tourer (2015), a 1931 Cadillac 452A (2014) and a rare 1938 Steyr 220 Glaser Roadster (2013). The premier award of the day was given to a 1928 Isotta Fraschini 8ASS. To top off the spectacle of elite vehicles, the Commodores performed for guests on what was a picturesque day.
- In June, JHE orchestrated the quarterly NASCAR Fuel for Business meeting in Philadelphia. For the first time in the program’s history, the event was hosted in a NASCAR Official Partner’s hometown - Comcast. Executing in such a historical city allowed JHE the chance to produce an event at the National Constitution Center which not only had character but eccentric lighting. As is often the challenge, it was essential to adapt to the unique environment while managing overall production, set design and signage.
- As one can imagine, event planning is no simple task. While planning a program for Vineyard Outreach America (VOA) this summer in Cleveland, the venue was booked back to back which required the event following VOA – one for the AIDS Healthcare Foundation - to utilize JHE for event production as well. Due to the limited changeover time, JHE produced two consecutive programs on a tight timeline including a Roots concert.
- On Sept. 7, more than 1,800 guests gathered for the Hospital Corporation of America’s (HCA) “2016 IT&S All Hands” Convention. As coordinators of the corporate meeting, JHE developed the “Back to Basics” vision with a 80s theme and provided full production at Nashville’s Music City Center.
- On Friday, Oct. 28 and Saturday, Oct. 29, JHE coordinated a two-day affair to celebrate Wake Forest University’s homecoming. Between an invite-only, 2,000-person party on Manchester Plaza featuring a private concert by The Spinners to a young alumni late-night affair to a tailgate and concert on game day, the team of 14 plus additional labor successfully delivered three total events in approximately a 24-hour span.
- On Thursday, Dec. 1, 2016, more than 2,000 fans gathered at The Palms’ Pearl Concert Theater to experience the unfiltered, tell-all question-and-answer session with the sport’s top athletes. Known as NASCAR After The Lap, JHE has been a longtime partner responsible for producing the event and giving fans a unique and engaging experience.
special events, corporate events, corporate meetings, GEODIS, Nashville, Charlotte, Concours, Pinehurst Concours, NASCAR, Fuel for Business, B2B, Wake Forest University, Health Care