Having traveled all over the world “give or take a few places,” there is no one better suited to serve as travel manager for JHE than Michael Ann Gosby. Filling the role since 2005, Gosby manages all aspects of travel – flights, hotels, rental cars, etc. – for the 81-person team that travels to 48 states a year.
The Missouri native previously served as Jay Howard’s assistant for one year. She has also worked at Maritz Travel and Infinity Broadcasting. She graduated from University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a Bachelor of Science in business marketing.
Q&A with Michael Ann…
- What is the best lesson from college that still applies to your job? Stay organized.
- What is the best career advice you ever received? Always do a job that makes you happy.
- What is the worst career advice you ever received? It’s just a job!
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned at JHE? Positivity and humor go a long way!
- What is your best memory at JHE so far? Coca-Cola Speed Street.
- What is the biggest myth about your job? That I have magical powers!
- What is the insider secret to your job? Attitude and establishing relationships that will always help you to fix a problem when it comes up.
- What’s your secret to success? My killer smile and being honest even when I mess up.
What You Might Not Know About Michael Ann…
- My runner-up career was… a world traveler but I could never figure out how to pay my bills doing it.
- I start my day… very quiet. I get up really early.
- My ultimate stress reliever is… beach and sunshine.
- On my iPod playlist right now is… Prince (all songs), Outkast and the DeBarge “Ultimate Collection” album.
- My biggest pet peeve is… people who don’t really want a solution.
- The one person I’ve always wanted to meet is… Gary Zukav. He wrote a book that changed my thinking.
- My family is… all I have!
- My weekends are… priceless. I rest and spend a lot of time with family.
- My favorite sport is… basketball.
- My favorite hobby is… making creative things.
- My most recent splurge was… my mortgage.
- My favorite vacation so far was to… Africa; it was a life-changing experience. Turks and Caicos was a close second. I was there for six weeks.
- My favorite movie is… “Coming to America.”
- My favorite quote is… “Everyone in your life will disappoint you, you just have to figure out who is worth it.” -Bob Marley
- The best concert I’ve ever seen is… Prince.
- If I could trade bodies with one person for 24 hours, I’d pick… Michelle Obama but only if I could know what she was really thinking.
- Anything else we should know about you? I have traveled all over the world give or take a few places. I’ve been a bartender for more than 13 years, and I make custom bows.