Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola celebrated 25 years of commemorating the May NASCAR races at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The marquee event of the 600 Festival events is the 3-day street festival that includes food vendors, driver appearances, entertainment, kids’ zone, and much more! As part of the street festival, Romare Bearden Park is taken over by concerts each night. This year’s headliners included Corey Smith, Brothers Osborne, and Styx.
CSM Production has been producing Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola since 1996 and this year’s event had 38 staff deployed.
Take a look at the three days of experiences by the numbers:
- 300,000 people attended Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola.
- 20,000 sample-size bags of M&M’S Hazelnut Spread Chocolate Candies handed out to hungry fans.
- 9,000 Goody’s Headache Powder samples
- 6,000 ounces of Twisted Tea Sampled
- $10,000 donated by Coca-Cola Consolidated in the form of 20 $500 gift cards to the 20 teachers who were chosen as finalists in Circle K’s “A Driving Force for Education” contest.
- 2,500 lug nuts changed at The Tire Change Challenge powered by the Xcalibur Pit School at the Autograph Zone. (Fastest change times this weekend? 4.58 seconds for a pro; 5.62 seconds for a fan.)
- 2,000 fans visited the Road to the CMA Awards mobile museum driven by GEICO.
- 1,200 bottles of the premium sports drink BODYARMOR distributed to thirsty fans in 90-degree weather.
- 1,000 pictures snapped in the photo booth at Circle K’s “Take It Easy Tailgate”, where fans could also play a round of cornhole or shoot some hoops.
- More than 50 driver appearances, autograph sessions and Q&A sessions.
- More than 30 partners including Circle K, Coca-Cola, GEICO, Goody’s, PNC Bank, Mars Wrigley, Body Armor, Ally Financial and more lined Tryon Street.
- 24.5 hours of live musical performances.
- 21 musical performances from local, legendary and internationally known artists.
- 2 local charities — Speedway Children’s Charities and Ace & T.J.’s Grin Kids — proudly supported by the 600 Festival, the organization who powers Circle K Speed Street presented by Coca-Cola.