Before the NASCAR season gets underway, we took a few minutes to sit down with one of our Technical Production Coordinators, Clifton Hutchinson. Clifton joined CSM Production in May and is a native of Springfield, Illinois. He is currently renovating his house and this large project is taking up most of his free time. When Clifton isn’t doing DIY projects, he enjoys Star Wars and mountain biking.
Get to know more about Clifton with our 10 questions:
1. Have you ever taken a leap of faith? How did it turn out? When I was 19 I moved to Phoenix, Az on a whim with barely anything. While I was prepared, I didn’t have a job at first. I found a job making Eyeglasses in a Lab. Ended up living 1 block from the Conservatory of Recording Arts, which I enrolled in. 20 plus years later I’m still doing what I love and have no regrets!
2. Tell us about your role at CSM Production. I’m an Audio Engineer and Technician mainly. I’m also handling warehouse duties as well, and helping out with Lighting and Video when possible. I look forward to working many Concerts and Pre-Race Events in 2019.
3. Before you joined CSM Production you worked at the Fillmore, what was the favorite show you saw there? Eddie Money! Jk ;) The Foo Fighters when the DNC was in town. Dave Grohl went into the crowd, jumped onto all five bars and did a shot of Jaeger. All while holding down a guitar solo. My hero!
4. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? I’ve been to 48 of the 50 states in the U.S. They happen to be the only two that I haven’t had the pleasure of visiting. Hawaii, I’m more of a beach person.
5. Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now? When I was a teenager, I played Guitar in some bands and thought it would be a logical way to support myself while still being involved in music.
6. What movie quotes do you use on a regular basis? Look at the Big Brain on Brad! Chip I’m all hopped up on Mountain Dew!
7. What would you sing at Karaoke night? Not likely to happen… ever. But, if were ever forced into it, probably Big Shot by Billy Joel.
8. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? Joe Roger’s Chili, via Springfield, IL
9. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? I would get my son to do his homework without having to bribe him.
10. What question should we ask the next 10 questions participant? What are some unwritten rules about your job?